We are looking for an Underwriting Specialist that will be responsible for reviewing merchant applications, assessing the risk associated with those applications and monitoring live accounts on an ongoing basis. Using established underwriting guidelines, you will evaluate various merchants across different verticals.
• Evaluate and assess new applications (SMBs) according to UNIPaaS guidelines.
• Conduct comprehensive risk assessments of high-profile customers, if necessary, based on an internal risk scoring matrix.
• Assess applicants background information and current financial situation in order to identify the risk involved.
• Communicate with customers through a variety of channels to collect relevant information.
• Perform other due diligence as needed to determine the credibility of the clients.
• Determine approval or declines of new clients’ applications, whenever a special review is required during onboarding.
• Specify any account opening conditions for certain application to ensure regulations are met.
• Review suspicious account activities, analyse trends and take measures to deter fraud once a merchant account has gone live.
• Collaborate with other teams across the group, to ensure a smooth and efficient onboarding experience.
• AML Transactions monitoring, sanctions screening, PEPs screening
• Provide ongoing support to the Product and Operation teams
• Creation of antifraud controls
• Risk management policy review
• UNIPaaS to develop new product features that improve the onboarding experience of our customers.
• A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in payments, preferably in the fintech sector and a good understanding of Marketplaces and Platforms onboarding.
• A fundamental understanding of client onboarding and ongoing monitoring, preferably within the payments industry.
• An understanding of various business models risk exposure.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• And ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
• Diligent and thorough, able to go the extra mile to understand specific cases and examine underlying causes.
• An appetite to learn with an innate curiosity, and ability to think creatively when directives are unstructured or uncertain.
• Be able to think critically about complex problems, appropriately weight many factors and reach a definitive conclusion.
• A strong desire to contribute to the success of UNIPaaS growth plans.
• An understanding of the payments industry, this includes but not limited to: credit cards, APMs, eWallets, etc…
An early stage, well funded startup, founded by experts in the payments and fintech industry. UNIPaaS develops an innovative white label, ‘Embedded Finance’ Solution for SaaS B2B platforms, which helps them to add Fintech services to their platform.
Our unique, disruptive approach to the fintech world positions UNIPaaS as a category leader in the space of Embedded Finance and B2B payments.
At UNIPaaS you’ll have the opportunity to have a major impact on the service level we are providing, solve complex challenges, and transform the way B2B platforms are handling their business financial aspects.